Save with a professional turnkey solution
The i.Power Solutions Transportable Switchrooms are custom-designed to meet individual client and site requirements, including structural demands, transport requirements, size restrictions, fire ratings, environmental considerations and special access needs. Switchroom applications include mining, oil and gas and industrial uses.
The i.Power Solutions Transportable Switchrooms are manufactured, fitted-out, tested and commissioned at i.Power facilities before transport to site, speeding up installation.
- Detailed design and fabrication.
- Light and power.
- Split and packaged air conditioning (HVAC).
- Pressurisation unit.
- Bolt-on landings, stairs, stumps and bracing.
- VESDA/fire system.
- Fire rated wall and roof panels.
- Lifting points and associated lifting study.
- Two hour fire rated floors, walls, ceilings and doors.
- Fire deluge gas suppression system.
- Inter-connecting cabling and cable ladder (main boards, distribution boards).
- Non-destructive testing.
- Battery and UPS systems.
- Communication and data systems.
- LV and HV switchgear.
- Design, supply and test inter-connecting power and control cabling for switchgear, including LV, HV and distribution switchgear, VSD, UPS and PLC systems.
- Switchroom civil works and yard lighting.
- Transportation of switchroom to site.
- Cranage of switchroom on site.
- Site installation and commissioning of HVAC and fire systems.
Designed for reliability
The internal structural frame is manufactured from 2mm sheet steel. Walls, roofing and doors are manufactured from 2mm sheet steel. Marine-grade aluminium or stainless steel is also available as an option.
The switchroom base frame is supported by its longitudinal PFC external members, with UB cross members and floor joists spaced and welded to exceed minimum engineering standards and prevent flexing.
The standard switchroom building floor is non-combustible, with a surface finish of 2mm heavy duty vinyl tile. A two hour fire rated floor is available as an option.
To allow suitable entry for power and control cabling into the switchroom and switchgear, gland plate entry systems are utilised. Gland plate systems also provide dust and water ingress protection. Bolted coupler bulkheads are available to support mining and heavy industry plug and cable systems. A fire rated cable entry system can also be supplied.
External Walls and Roof
External linings of the walls and the roof are finished with pre-painted Colorbond Steel (other options available). Our standard profile is Superdek roofing at the required pitch.
- Roof sheets are dressed at the ends
- Anticon insulation is installed under cladding (wall and roof)
- Superdek cladding colour to client’s specification