Business Development Manager (Electronic/Electrical - Defence)
Port Adelaide, SA
The AMI Group are a market leader in system integration of marine and land based electronics and electrical Defence equipment, throughout Australia and SE Asia. We are looking for a highly competent & self-motivated Business Development Manager – Electronic/Electrical Defence. The position will preferably be based in our South Australian Branch Office, Port Adelaide, S.A.
The position has been newly created as result of a Joint Venture (JV) between AMI Group subsidiary i.Power Solutions and a well-established international company ENAG internal restructure, and reports to the Director– Defence. The successful candidate will join our Defence Division and primarily be responsible for generating leads in, and securing sales for newly established JV Company ENPOWER Australia. ENPOWER’s products are based around power and frequency conversion units utilised in the Military domain. This will include Naval, Land based Systems and Ground support products for the Royal Australian Airforce or associated defence organisations.
The major responsibilities will be;
- Work to achieve or exceed set annual sales calls and tendering activities (KPI);
- Drive the growth of Defence based revenue and market share;
- Prepare sales activity plans and reports on a periodic basis;
- Assist in preparation accurate and professional client quotes, estimates and tender submissions, and follow up to secure the sale;
- Effectively 'close' sales transactions and handover to production management/works for fulfilment;
- Supervise and oversee sales requirements of product manufactured in Australia and elsewhere;
- Maintain an up to date database of existing and prospective sales clients;
- Develop strong new and existing service client relationships with a diverse range of customer types, from end user/operators to consultants and large prime Defence company’s;
- Manage Sales and Supply requirements of the above products when required.
- Coordinate support to the client and other AMI Group employees as required.
In order to excel in this role, we anticipate that the successful candidate will:
- Possess a demonstrated ability to work within and be accountable to agreed bidding targets.
- Shortlisted candidates will be subject to Australian Standard Employment Screening AS 4811-2006 as part of our Quality Assurance processes. Please refer to DISP policies at www.defence.gov.au for further information.
- Show experience working within an engineering environment.
- Established background in Defence technical sales, service management and/or business development within an Electronic/Electrical and Defence equipment background is highly desirable.
- Be computer literate;
- Be proficient in preparing sales plans and reports;
- Demonstrate excellent presentation, time management, organisational and communication skills, and always present professionally;
- Ideally have an electronic/electrical aptitude background;
- Be driven to succeed with a 'hands on' and 'can do' attitude;
- Be familiar with Defence and other site based access requirements, restrictions and protocols etc.
If this sounds like your ideal next career move please APPLY NOW!
Applications including full resume should be sent via email at email@example.com